So as the year 2010 ends, we enter that of the year known as 2011. Who the heck knows what will happen? Why, no one of course! But we sure as heck can reflect on the past 300-something days that made up the previous years.
In the news, we have:
- The death of Michael Jackson, well known for his plastic nose as much as his introduction of the Moon Walk dance move.
- The BP Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- President Barack Obama becomming our nation's very first black president.
- WikiLeaks. I still have no idea what it is lol.
- Recovering in the economy, and getting out of the slump slightly.
- The rescue of miners in the country of Chile.
- A mass recall of Toyota cars.
- "Burn the Koran Day" at a Florida church.
- Controversy over full-body scans at airports.
And I'm sure that there's a boatload more that can be said, but I fail to remember them all!
- The insanity of the show 'Jersey Shore'.
- Justin Bieber's horrid rise to pop-boy fame amongst girls.
- Lady GaGa's meat dress. Need I say more?
- The release of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- Movies: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
, the Twilight
saga, How to Train Your Dragon
and anything in 3-D. (God, do I hate all the 3-D nonsense )
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter opening in Universal Studios Orlando
- Betty White makes a comeback, with appearances on TV.
And completly out in left field now are happy things for me!
So this past year had both it's ups and downs, with lulls of relative calm in between each of those. The spring time bought the cherry blossoms back the the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens for the Sakura Matsuri, which I went to with my friend Jason, as well as the visiting to the Princeton Art Museum with my school's art club: yay for elevators in the building! - inside joke - And summer! Summer bought a journey to Hogwarts, to medieval lands as well with those in your company carrying coconuts and banging them together in the style of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, as well as speaking with Bostonian accents and sweet kisses here and there. Concerts and shows and TV broadcasts, oh my! As well as becomming the senior class of Somerville High School: at last, we're on top!
And there are a million other things to be said, but all I can say is this: HAPPY 2011 EVERYONE!
* ahem *
So in other news, what have I been up to. Well, for starters, I've been on Christmas break for a week now ( passed way too quickly! ) and lovin' it, but I go back to school today. - this is updated on Monday - .
came down for a few days: this turned into four and a half or so, since the giant WTF!Blizzard came in the day before he was originally supposed to come down here, on Monday. So he was bumped back all the way to Wednesday. I can tell you I was NOT HAPPY in theleast bit over that.
But what's done is done, I suppose. Zack came down then on Wednesday and we shared many a memory: going to New York City to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, playing with sparklers and fireworks on New Year's Eve and visiting relatives the day after for dinner. We drew, we danced, we simply enjoyed the other's company in silence together.
And then he left, and I could hardly cry any more: I cried since Thursday, since I knew he was going to leave when we spent less time with one another. But I tried to keep as good as a composure as possible as his train left the station at 2 in the afternoon: it hurt to see him depart.
But I know that, with 2011, all new possibilities can happen when you least expect it. And so, I hope for this year that we will be able to see each other a bit more often, if God allows it to happen.
- Faith ( Flaming Chibi )